To make sure you are a proud owner of an auto, you need to consider some add-ons.
For instance, you need to do a regular checkup and maintenance of your car.
Hence, you need OBD2 Scanner; you want to make your vehicle smell nice and better for which you need car air freshener.
In a simple language, a head unit is just a more particular way of referring to the component you perhaps know as a car stereo or a car radio.any vehicle. Head units manage the performance and functionality of your car audio system to a great extent.
Nowadays best android car stereo has made it comfy for drivers and their passengers to experience excellent entrainment as they travel along.
The good news is that Android car stereos are available in different versions and you just need to read this head unit review to understand things you need to consider when shopping for a car stereo.
Some of the characteristics of a best android head unit include sound output, ease of use, manuals, cost, and lots more.
Best Android Head Units Comparison 2019
|ATOTO A6 Double Din||7"||Yes|
|New ATOTO A6 Pro||7"||Yes|
|Eonon 10.1" Double Din||10.1"||Yes|
|XTRONS Android 8.0||7"||Yes|
|PUMPKIN Android 8.0||7"||Yes|
|Corehan Car Stereo||6.95"||Yes|
Types of Android Car Stereos 2019
Make sure you get your information and facts right before choosing a car stereo, in order to buy the one that will offer you great value for your money.
The two types of head units are the single and double head units.
Single – The unit is 7 – 1/8 inches wide and 2 – 1/8 inches high. A number of vehicles have this type of stereos. This is the standard for them and it cannot be possible for you to upgrade to a double car stereo if you have this single DIN car stereo.
Double – This is the standard all over the world. It comes with an integrated screen touch display, which differs in size – from 3.5 inches or as big as 7 inches. It is a bit wide and high, unlike the single car stereos. With double car stereo, you can downgrade- well, we don’t really recommend it though!
Related Review: Best Jeep Jk exhaust system review and buyer’s guide.Our top stereo for android:
This is our best and top android car stereo. If you have don’t time to read this article you should buy this one. It has lots of features which can make you comfortable. You will love this one. I highly recommend to buy this top car stereo 2019. If you want to know more then click here to read the full features and reviews.
Top 10 Best Android Head Unit Reviews 2019
Once people become car owners they build a passion for the components that go along with them, and car stereos are included (amongst others).
Well, as we like to call them android units, they are part of the most important pieces that take the driving vibe to a next level through the best songs out there.
Obviously, as they are more accessible nowadays we said that it’s about time to share our two cents and help readers make the best choice.
Throughout our research, we spent over 24 hours trying to understand how we can find the best android unit suitable for a mid-range and a high-end 4-wheels drive.
Throughout the review, we realized that it supports other apps such as Waze, TomTom and HERE WeGo.
- FULL HD 7” touchscreen with a resolution of 1024×600. It has also got physical buttons available for better guidance.
- Includes a built-in microphone and ultra-external Wi-Fi antenna.
- Supports USB drives up to unlimited storage and Micro SD cards up to 256 GB memory.
- The manufacturer ensures constant updates to make sure the device is properly optimized.
- A screen-lock option is available with this device so you can secure the information while the car is being driven by someone else (valet, relatives, friends, service testers).
There is a lot to discuss this model and we feel that without trying it out there is no way someone can understand the experience while using it.
Therefore, we have shared a few PROs and CONs below:
During our review we have learned that the new hands gesture recognition sensor is what makes this model wanted.
It provides simplicity in using the hands to adjust the volume, skip tracks, and access other features.
- Full HD 7″ 1024×600 resolution display. The 5-touch system has also got an ultra-brightness of 1000 cd/m2 display screen.
- Built-in navigation system with the Google Maps app preinstalled, however other programs are available on Play Store.
- Phone Casting is the newest easy-connect app that comes preinstalled with the device.
- As previous A6 models, this one comes with an incorporated microphone and an ultra-external Wi-Fi antenna.
Throughout the research, we also thought that it would be amazing to list our PROs and CONs related to this unit as they might help you make the right choice as well.
At the same time, the maps include navigation for the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Compatible with the audio controls on the steering wheel such as volume up, volume down, next and previous.
- It can be easily connected to the steering wheel controls through Metra or iDatalink, however it depends on the vehicle.
The manufacturer made this product available to everyone that wants an optimized unit.
Therefore, this device works perfectly fine with most all type of phones and ensure reliability on road trips.
Also, we have listed a few PROs and CONs below to make you understand better what people think after testing it.
At the same time, it can be easily connected to both iOS and Android either wirelessly or through an USB cable.
- The devices comes with the Bluetooth wireless technology helping people play music from their phone and make hands free calls.
- It comes with 2GB RAM memory and a storage of 16GB.
- The CPU is MTK 1.2GHz ARM A7 Quad-Core which makes it run faster than most units.
- This model also features an external microphone perfect for hands free calling.
We have also shared a few PROs and CONs we gathered throughout our research and they can be found right below:
XTRONS Android 8 is a great piece of electronics with good configuration. Has very good user reviews.
Other prominent features about the device are built-in radio tuner, customized themes and surround studio that provides the best audio effect.
Some of the noticeable features of XTRONS 7 Inch Android 8.0 are
- The incredible power and performance makes the product as a must-have operating system
- The device is powered by reversible cameras. These cameras enable you to see picture perfect what is happening behind you.
- XTRONS Android 8 has smart view features. Using this features you can mirror your smartphones to the device and enjoy the ultimate feature. This will also facilitate playing games, watching videos and others
- Maps are available for download so you can download your favorite Google maps, iGo and explore popular destinations without hurdles
- XTRONS Android 8 device is powered with eight core configuration which ensures multiple speed and performance when you are doing multitasking.
The operating system Android 8 provides the user with the best experience he would have never had before.
- Powered with Android 8 – You can get started with your favorite tasks much faster with 2X speed.
- Built in Amplifier – Audio will sound wonderful. You can enjoy your favorite FM stations with crystal clear quality
- Fast Boot – Once the installation is complete, the device takes just one second to boot which is comparatively lower than other devices. A normal device will take 30 seconds to finish booting.
- Panel buttons are available – This enables easier access for the users to operate the device. The buttons are differentiated using array of colors to avoid mix-ups
- Support online and offline navigation maps – Long drives will be free of hassle and you no longer have the trouble of getting lost.
Key Features of Corehan Car Stereo DVD Multimedia Player
- Android 8 Oreo operating system – Corehan car stereo is powered with android 8 operating system. This provides improved performance with advanced security features.
- Offers fine tune adjustments and better notification features which lacked in the other models like Android 7.
- Captivating touch screen offering the finest performance
- Supports online and offline navigation system – So the users can drive anywhere with the aid of google maps without having the fear of connected to internet always
- Built-in Multimedia player – Able to download and watch DVD videos. So, your little ones will have no trouble during long drives besides enjoying their favorite shows.
- Multi-purpose multimedia device– The device support both VCD and DVD players which can be viewed on the 6.95 inches screen. In addition, they have a USB drive with built-in USB port through which, you can do the mirror screening operations.
- Corehan car stereo supports OBD II scanner, an advanced scan tool to diagnose trucks and car issues to ensure safe driving.
Suggested Review: If you want to buy a lift kit you can read Rough Country Lift Kit Reviews.
9. Pioneer AVH-X4800BS Review – Best Car Stereo Under 300
With AVH-X4800BS, you are guaranteed great music without hassles.
In other words, you will enjoy the superior sound quality and take absolute control of the Android auto head unit in your vehicle directly from the touchscreen display of the receiver.
10. Sony XAV-AX100 Reviews – Top Rated Car Stereo
It is the most tasteful receiver on the market. It makes use of a physical knob for controlling volume.
If you are an Android user, this is best android car stereo for you.
With the voice commands, you can answer important calls and dictate messages.
You can also use Google Maps to find your way.
Best Android Auto Head Unit in 2019
1. Alpine ILX-107 Review – Expensive Car Stereo
With this head unit, you can seamlessly access your iPhone on the touchscreen of your car without stopping to connect a cable each time you get in.
Conveniently, this auto stereo also has a Siri button, making it quick and simple to open Siri in order to respond to messages.
Read this: Best farm jack reviews and buying guide.
2. Kenwood DDX9703S Reviews – cheapest android auto head unit
You can use this head unit to can connect to both Android with Android Auto and Apple through Apple CarPlay,
providing you with the ability to managing everything from your Smartphone to all your music and video.
3. Pioneer AVH-1300NEX Reviews – Best DVD Receiver
The head unit is SiriusXM-Ready for you to get more than 140 channels, and commercial-free music in addition to the best sports and live comedy, events, news, entertainment, and exclusive talk.
Suggested Review Guide: The best automotive oscilloscope review guide to buying the best product.
There are physical buttons under the display of AVH-2300NEX DVD Receiver, as is Bluetooth for hands-free and stereo streaming.
It can as well plug into factory steering wheel controls, and first-party backup cameras.
It has three programmable shortcut source keys that provide a speedy jump to your favorite sources.
You can entertain your passengers by sending the movie to a rear-seat screen of the head unit.
However, if you want to play it safe in a crowded parking environment, you can plug in front and rear-view cameras.
6. Pioneer AVH-X390BS Reviews – Car Stereo Receiver
In addition, the head unit comes with an autonomous subwoofer control that allows you to get larger bass without being restricted by rear or front output levels.
7. Pioneer AVH-X490BS Reviews – Top Car Stereo Receiver
This will guarantee clear and clean sound in the course of offering 1 amp of current to make your iPod or iPhone charged.
How to Choose Best Android Car Stereo
The heart of your car stereo system is the head unit and the most visible part of your vehicle.
A high-quality head unit controls how other people view the audio system of your vehicle.
For you to identify the right head unit for your vehicle, you need to consider some factors. Keep reading to learn more.
Pro Tip : One great add-on that helps increase car value is a CarVeto history check. This cool tool lets you delve into the history of your car offering detail like mileage problems, previous theft, accident damage repair, mot checks, previous owners history, and CarVeto’s full used car buying guide.
1. Pre-Amp Outputs
If you need groundbreaking auto stereo systems for your vehicle, you must pay close attention to the pre-amp outputs.
This is the amount of signal you will receive before it becomes amplified. You can customize the Pre-Amp output to your taste for a top-notch listening experience.
All you need to do to make it work is for you is to hook up about three amplifiers to your head unit. This will allow you to adjust the sound as you desire.
Usability is how well the whole thing fits into its place as you want it to. Choose the stereo that can make your entertainment system awesome for use, depending on your choice.
You need to go for a strong head unit if all you want is an auto stereo that sounds powerful.
The more the power, the double din head unit produces, and the better you can benefit from the general output.
Considering the RMS and peak of different models available is of great importance. If you are one of the audio enthusiasts,
power is an imperative factor you must consider. This is what can determine how powerful the auto stereo can be.
4. Good Display
The double DIN head units have a bigger display, unlike the singles DIN head units. As a result, they provide the good display.
A large display can allow you to see who is calling you and the kind of music you are listening to, as the auto stereos are designed to work as hands-free devices and play music.
A number of the double DIN heads displays are adjustable.
5. Ease of Use
A good head unit should be easy to use. Don’t buy a fancy model that will take you more than necessary to learn how to operate it.
There are also those which can let you connect to features and recognize the device which they were previously paired with automatically when they are in range.
6. Ease of Installation
When shopping for your head unit, look for the one that is very easy to install.
It is imperative for you to look for a model which has a harness which allows for separation of wires which makes them easier to connect,
if you want to do the installation all alone. Follow the installation instruction on the manual. The instruction is easy to follow.
Check Out: Best ball joints for Jeep JK review and buyer’s guide.
What are the Advantages of Using an Android Head Unit?
You can use the head unit as your Sat Nav but, unlike its suction-cup predecessors, the Android head unit fits seamlessly into your dash in place of your car stereo.
- Better GPS and maps
- Hands-free calls
- Access to your music
- FM and DAB radio
- View your dashcam footage or rear-view parking camera
- A display screen
- Smartphone connectivity
- Audio-visual output
The key features vary between models quite substantially, as does the price point. The advantage of this is you’re free to choose a model to suit your particular budget and needs. For example, if you’re only interested in being able to access your Spotify playlists, you might not need a top-of-the-range HD display.
Upgrade your car for less
An Android head unit is a cost-effective way to upgrade your car – there’s no need to buy a new car to have the latest technology at your fingertips. You can get Android head units to fit almost any car as long as you know the dimensions of the stereo it’s replacing: single-DIN, 1.5 DIN or double DIN.
Easy to install
An Android head unit is one of the easiest car modifications to make, as long as you take the time to select the correct unit in the first instance. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to guide you through it. Alternatively, you could pay for a professional installation – it will only set you back about £80/ $100.
Most of us have faced the frustration of an out-of-date sat nav. Nowadays, with roads ever-changing, we favour the smartphone for its ability to keep up-to-date. The smartphone negates the need to buy endless updates and map packs. But, unless you’ve got a willing passenger to relay that info to you, you can’t use a smartphone while driving. Or can you?
You can with an Android head unit! Android head units work with a number of online and offline map apps, such as Waze, and some come with Google Maps pre-installed. Better GPS navigation and mapping is one of the biggest advantages of the Android head unit.
Android Auto is a safe interface that links to your phone, displaying all the useful stuff you need… and, cleverly, hiding all the distractions. You’ll have access to your music, contacts, calls etc. but won’t be getting ping after ping from the likes of Facebook and Instagram.
You can take your pick from FM and DAB radio stations or your own music library. Android head units connect to your phone via USB cable, Bluetooth or Wi-fi so you can play or stream your music… or podcast or audiobook, if you prefer.
You can use your head unit to answer calls and talk hands-free as you drive. This is great if you commute or travel for work and need to be reachable. You can link your Android head unit to your steering wheel controls (if your car has them) so answering calls is done with just a push of a button. Some head units also feature Google Assistant so you can use voice commands instead.
Charge on the go
Low battery? Being able to charge your phone via USB through the Android head unit is another plus.
Keep the kids quiet
Every parent knows that dreaded question – “Are we nearly there yet?” Some Android head units have a built-in CD and DVD player, perfect if you need to keep the kids shtum on a long journey. Stick on their favourite film to give you 90 minutes’ peace… just make sure it’s one you’ve seen already so you don’t find yourself getting distracted!
Not just for Android
Lastly, not all Android head units are just for Android phones – some support Apple CarPlay. This is important to note if you’re an iPhone user or might become one at some point in the future.
You can feel overwhelmed with a lot of head units available in different types, models, and brands.
Making a wrong choice of Android car stereo might cost you money, time, and also affect your sound system greatly.
Therefore, make sure you carry out thorough research before you spend your money on any head unit.
However, you must understand that the good head unit will offer you double the screen height for better navigation.
We are sure this head unit review have helped you narrow down your selection. Sixteen of the most popular android auto head units available on the market today contained in this article would sure help you begin.
With this review, you won’t have to search the Internet for hours to review each product. The review contains the important details you would need to know to come up with the right decision.