Shopping for best jeep battery can be a daunting task because there are many products on the market to choose from. There are numerous products that claim to be great but turns out to be a disaster when you use it. This guide will help you make the right choice for you jeep’s battery.
The basic thing to do before you choose a jeep battery is to first know the type of battery you need for your car. In addition, you require a dominant start and profound cycling to provide for the high-performance demand of all jeeps.
Irrespective of the type of jeep you are using, your stock SLI battery may not endure the intense accessory power and off-roading needs of a jeep. Furthermore, your choice of a great jeep battery shouldn’t just match the car, it must also start the car and run your electronic appliances comfortably in courses of regular off-roading or commute on it.
Best Jeep Battery Product reviews 2019
Key Features of ACDelco ACDB24R Battery
- Valve Regulated Gas Recombinant Technology: This is the feature that guarantees safety and longer lifetime unlike other conservative batteries on the market designed for the automotive application.
- Full-frame Power Grids, Calcium Positive and Negative: Designed to give lower self-discharge rates and higher cranking amps for the off-season storage (different from calcium and antimony flooded technology)
- Leak-proof Pressurized Valve System: This is another feature designed for long life and safety. It is great for the prevention of acid damage and dry-out to the terminals.
- Leak-proof Pressurized Valve System: This is another feature designed for long life and safety. It is great for the prevention of acid damage and dry-out to the terminals.
Why Buy ACDB24R Battery
- With ACDelco battery, there is no dry out to the terminal and no tension for acid damage. The product was created on absorbed glass mat technology that needs no maintenance.
- It is quite dependable for automotive use. With this product, leaks will not occur while it is working and you continue to enjoy it even after many years.
- People feel insecure when using batteries for spilling. But with this particular jeep battery, you don’t have to border about a spill. The battery is absolutely spill proof and harmless for vehicles.
The exceptional SpiralCell design offers a sturdy and clean power source, guaranteeing your safety, the safety of your family and that of your environment. Optima 35 Redtop has higher reserve capacity that provides you with a longer shelf-life that will provide you with the power when you need it, and where you need it.
Key Features of Optima 8020-164 35 Redtop Battery
- 720 Amps of Sheer Cranking Power: Gives the battery excellent performance even in bad weather. In no doubt, 35 Redtop batteries will crank-up your vehicle in terrible weather.
- Spiral Cell Technology: The Optima spiral cells are ground-breaking in their own category on the market. There is hardly a battery that could top 35 Redtop.
- Plucky Reserve Capacity: Gives the battery the capacity to hold electricity for every possible event. Optima 8020-164 35 Redtop Battery can go on working for 90 minutes with no functioning alternator to supply it. Indeed, this is a suitable feature to have, just in case!
Why Buy 35 Redtop Battery
- In terms of performance, 35 RedTop batteries will perform better than, and outlive traditional batteries in demanding cranking/starting applications.
- It can survive hard launches, excessive corners and it is race proven for every road and everyday weather. You can use the battery as an automotive battery, truck battery, and any other application.
- 35 Redtop is the ultimate starting battery planned to convey a dominant burst of ignition power for a dependable start-up each time.
- The 35 RedTop is perfect for street cars, hot rods, SUVs, trucks, and some other applications that need spill-proof starting battery, as it features extraordinary high-power delivery and tremendous resistance to the most common causes of battery failure. It has an incomparable repute as an automotive battery or truck battery.
Optima D35 YellowTop is perfect for seasonal use owing to its extremely low- self-discharge rate.
Key Features of Optima D35 YellowTop Battery
- Matchless SpiralCell Design: it is the source of strong and clean power, guaranteeing your security and that of your family and your environment.
- Recharging Cycles: This is the feature used to recharge back your battery to its normal position and up to 300 times when the battery gets discharged, which will eventually occur.
- Cold Cranking Potential: In cold weather, it can be a difficult task starting up your engine. Therefore, having a strong battery onboard that can let you do that without a problem. No matter how bad is the weather outside, your engine will start.
- Reserve Capacity: The ability to hold some reserve power in case of any eventuality is one of the most striking aspects of Optimal D35 YellowTop battery. With its reserve capacity feature, it can retain some reserve power for some time. For instance, this feature will help you take your car to the nearest mechanic if your alternator dies.
Why Buy Optima 8040-218 D35 YellowTop Battery
- This battery is just ideal for use when electrical loads are more than average, or when the discharge cycle is higher than archetypal engine starting, like vehicles with numerous electronic accessories and vehicles with no alternators.
- The Optima D35 YellowTop is the perfect battery for seasonal use because it has a very low self-discharge rate, meaning that you can store your seasonal vehicles in all winter without normal charging and still spring out of the starting block after winter.
- It comes with amazing features that will give it deep-cycling ability and additional performance. Its unparalleled cycling ability and utmost cranking power make it ideal for modern vehicles jam-packed with accessories.
Packed firmly with pure lead plates, the non-spill-able ODYSSEY battery guides you and your family against the shock and vibration that can damage other batteries quickly.
Key Features of PC680 Battery
- Vibration-Resistant: This is the feature that will make your battery accommodate off-road bound problems as rides in a Jeep can be quite bumpy at times.
- Pure Lead Plates: Gives the battery additional power—double the whole power and thrice the life of conventional batteries—about 400 cycles at 80 percentage depth of discharge.
- Pure Virgin Lead Plates: Designed to give the battery maximum surface area and optimized recycling.
- Safety Relief Valve Per Cell and Tough Intercell Connections: These features are designed to prevent vibration damage.
Why Buy ODYSSEY PC680 Battery
- The simple and strong built of this battery gives it long service life. As a matter of fact, PC680 battery can live up to 10 years, if properly maintained. It is inexpensive and a great money saver in the long run.
- ODYSSEY batteries convey additional power and 40% more reserve capacity. It is a simple but effective solution to keep the needs of your vehicle.
- It endures heat very well, apart from being able to endure uncomfortable ride without exploding. It will survive in a hot region with an abundance of luminous days of the year.
- The absorbed glass mat design of ODYSSEY battery gets rid of high conductivity, acid spills, high integrity terminal seal, corrosion-resistant tin-plated brass terminals, a sealed design causing gases recycled internally in the course of charging or operation.
In other words, you can store your seasonal vehicles all winter without the normal charging and still experience wonderful performance.
Key Features of Optima 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Battery
- SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY: Provides additional power and constantly outperforms conventional flat-plate batteries.
- Cranking Power and Cycling Capability: Makes the battery perfect for heavy equipment, commercial vehicles, vehicles with high demand audio systems and electronics, as well as trucks with winches.
- Vibration Resistance: Prevents unnecessary vibration when the vehicle is on a high-performance level.
- Lower Internal Resistance: Offers more reliable power output and faster recharges.
Why Buy D34/78 YellowTop Battery
- It is quite ideal for modern accessory-loaded vehicles. Moreover, YellowTop can frequently bounce back from deep power drains to full energy capacity, meaning that it can power an abundance of electronics and still start you up.
- It provides inexorable power for tremendous enthusiasts and other people who need the ultimate power source. On the other hand, it works perfectly as a tractor battery, forklift battery, or other applications.
- It provides up to 3 times longer life, unlike the so-called standard flooded batteries.
- The battery is mountable in several positions and absolutely non-spillable.
- It also features speedy recharging capacities and it is maintenance free for utmost convenience.
- It is with 15 times vibration resistance of a typical flooded battery
Key Features of ODYSSEY 34R-PC1500T Truck and Van Battery
- Long Shelf Cycle: This means that you can store the battery on an open circuit with nothing connected to the terminals, without having to recharge for about 2 years.
- Longer Service Life: The battery a service life of 3 to 10 years.
- Vibration Resistance: Used to protect the battery against mechanical vibration and high impact shock.
- Mounting Flexibility: Allows for the battery to be mounted on any side and in any position, but not inverted.
- Faster Recharge: Allows for 100 per cent perfect recharge in 4 to 6 hours.
- Temperature Tolerance: Will enable the battery to survive severe temperature ranges.
Why Buy ODYSSEY 34R-PC1500T
- It conveys deep cycling capacity, quick recovery and enormous starting power demanded by the vehicles of nowadays.
- The pure virgin lead plates of this battery can accommodate more plates. More plates mean additional plate surface area and more power, two times the overall power and thrice the life of conservative batteries.
- It can be easily and quickly rechargeable for your immediate use, despite the fact that the plates are lower than other models of the ODYSSEY batteries.
- They are the best choice of batteries due to the fact that they are using the virgin lead as an alternative to the recycled lead. As a result, they deliver higher power output and performance.
- The best battery in class technology to store and distribute the power
- The battery is compact in size and lightweight
In other words, you can use multipurpose Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M BlueTop battery for deep cycling, starting your RV or boat.
Key Features of Optima 8016-103 D34M BlueTop
- SpiralCell Design: This is the feature which gives the battery the strong and clean power source it needs to guarantee safety and efficiency.
- Higher Reserve Capacity: Provides you with a very long shelf-life to offer you the power when it is actually required and where it is needed.
- 750 Cold Cranking Amps: Give this battery sufficient power to be used as a starter battery for RVs and boats.
- 120-minute Reserve Capacity, and Vibration Resistance: Gives 8016-103 D34M BlueTop high-quality battery the ability to deliver excellent performance.
- 120 Minutes Reserve Capacity: Allows the battery to deliver consistent performance in all situations. But if you draw too much power from the battery, the reserve capacity will drain quickly.
- Exterior Casing: Allows the battery to endure vibration without destroying the battery that is 15 times more resistant to vibration than other similar competing brands.
Why Buy 8016-103 D34M BlueTop
- It performs even more than a lot of larger batteries on the market today, and it is a dual-purpose battery.
- The AGM technology of 8016-103 D34M BlueTop battery makes it easy to maintain.
- It is compact in design and considerably lightweight. 8016-103 D34M is quite simple to mount in any location of your RV or boat.
- An extremely consistent backup battery that distributes the finest power, even in very cool weather.
- It is supported with better-quality vibration resistance to avoid wear or damage to the battery as a result of engine vibrations.
- You are covered against defects, wear, and breakdowns that may reduce the lifespan of the battery with a two-year warranty.
Key features of ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T Battery
- Pure Virgin Lead: This amazing feature is designed to increase the performance of the battery.
- Compressed AGM Plate Separators: Carry excessive vibration resistance and eliminate spills, even when you mount the battery sideways.
- Tin Alloy Coated Brass Terminals: This is the feature designed to ensure harmless, corrosion-free cable connections.
- The 99.99% Pure Lead Plates: Provides the battery additional power. These lead plates are very thin, allowing them to match well in the battery. The more these plates are, the more they will give power to the battery.
- 5. Robust Intercell Connections: The purpose of this is to resist vibration and avoid internal sparking. They are cast into the plates and bonded to achieve this purpose.
Why Buy ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T
- This particular battery was made to last for a very long period. In fact, it can last for 3 to 10 years without developing any problem. Hence, it saves you money time, and aggravation that you will waste on unreliable batteries made to last for just a few months.
- With the built-in non-spillable design of this battery, it can be stored or mounted on any place or side without the risk of spilling.
- This battery brand has a longer cycle life of 70% on the average, unlike the conservative batteries in its category. In addition, it maintains a higher steady voltage for an extended time.
- Without anything connected to the terminals of the battery, it can be stored on an open circuit. It can stay for a very long time on the shelf.
- When it comes to recharging, 34-PC1500T batteries recharged faster than other competing lead you will find on the market. They can recharge up to 100% in only 4-6 hours.
- You can use this battery in different operations in your environment.
- Unlike competitive products with instant loss of power and immediate fail, ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T batteries will not lose power immediately but rather gradually.
Key Features of ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T
- Vibration Resistance: Designed for protection against high mechanical vibration and impact shock.
- Cold Crank Amp Power of 940: Allows the battery to function effectively in any location such as the coldest places.
- Pure Virgin Lead Plates: Designed for utmost surface area and optimized recycling.
- Reserve Capacity of 145 Minutes: This is the feature that will not allow you to experience unanticipated problems.
Why Buy ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T
There are many reasons to buy ODYSSEY 34-PC1500T battery. It comes with unique features that make it best jeep battery. With this battery, you will have no problem when you intend to start your engine. More importantly, this battery will deliver a great impact. It is lightweight and conserves space.
Other great things about this battery are that it can recharge in a fast period of only four hours and have a 70% longer cycle life, which is quite longer than other batteries in its category.
How to choose the best Jeep Battery?
As mentioned earlier, identifying best jeep battery can be a difficult task as there are a lot of brands claiming to have the best products. Here are things to consider when choosing a jeep battery.
Protection: You must think of safety first when choosing a battery for your jeep. It is no more news that battery spill in the course of operation. This is not good enough. Hence, avoid inferior battery with no protection to avoid danger. With quality batteries, you are totally safe while on the go there will be no harmful emission that can lead to direct injury. Make sure you choose high secured battery which is safe for both human and is better for the environment.
Weight: Lightweight batteries are easy to move about than heavy ones. Consider batteries that are lighter in weight so that even you alone can move it easily.
Perfect Match: Note the fact that the space on the battery component of cars are different. In other words, diverse kinds of vehicles need different patterns of batteries. To avoid choosing the wrong size of battery for your car, double check to ensure that the battery of your choice is the perfect match for your jeep.
Power Ratings: This is one of the most essential considerations for buying the best battery on the market. It is a huge problem if the power rating doesn’t fit your vehicle. To avoid this problem, make sure you don’t buy high power battery than your jeep require.
Maintenance: Consider buying maintenance free batteries as you may not have time to maintain the battery as expected because you need to attend to other important assignments. With maintenance free battery, no plate changes or water addition needed. All you need is to with maintenance battery is to plug and play. It is worth the cost because you will avoid the hassles associated with the regular maintenance of the battery.
CCA: It is an abbreviation of Cold Crank Amperes. It means that in cold condition, the battery can handle maximum amperes of current. In other words, higher CCA is an indication that the battery has more ampere current drain on cold condition.
Recharge Time: Consider the recharge time of the battery of your choice. Avoid any battery that will take a longer period to get recharged. When shopping for the battery for your jeep, consider the one that will take less time to recharge.
Vibration Resistance: The time when vibrating batteries were used had gone. Consider buying a battery that can endure the torment and enormous amounts of vibrations and bumping associated with driving a Jeep, using it to beat tough terrain. In a nutshell, if you are a battery-savvy jeep owner, choosing a vibration proof battery is a great choice.
RCA: Reserve Capacity is the full form of RCA. When choosing battery for your jeep, opt for the one with much reserve capacity in order to provide backup on bad condition. In other words, having higher RCA is the best for you.
Warranty: Opt for maintenance free battery because it offers awesome higher warranty period. It will give you value for your hard earned money. A number of companies change the battery if it gets damaged in the warranty period. Consider the warranty period before you take a decision.
Eco-Friendly: The battery of your choice must not be the type that releases harmful gas on the environment. Choose a battery with a less environmental problem, and releases lower gas.
Reserve Capacity: Look for a battery with reserve capacity. This type of battery will serve as a lifesaver because it will give you power for a reasonable period when your alternator is not charging the battery. A battery with reserve power or capacity stocked in it is a viable option that will take you to your destination before it eventually runs down.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jeep Batteries
What are the types of Jeep batteries?
Different types of jeep battery available are:
Lead-acid battery: This is the type of battery which makes use of sponge lead and lead peroxide to convert chemical energy into electrical power. The lead-acid battery is commonly used in power stations and substations due to the fact that it has lower cost and higher cell voltage.
Lithium-ion battery: lithium-ion battery aka Li-ion battery (shortened as LIB) is a common rechargeable battery used in portable electronics with a high energy density, and small memory effect. It is described as a battery in which lithium ions are transferred from the negative electrode to the positive electrode in the course of discharge and return when charging. As popular as Lithium-ion batteries are, you can find them in iPods, cell phones, PDAs, and Laptops.
VRLA battery: Valve Regulated Lead Acid can also be referred to as SLA OR Sealed Lead Acid battery. It is a kind of rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any orientation. Moreover, these batteries don’t need constant maintenance.
What makes the Best Jeep Battery?
The best jeep battery is the type of battery that supports aftermarket accessories and able to endure the stress and hassles of going off-road. To make a great jeep battery, it must supply both the cranking power for engine starting and cycling for electronics, light bars, and winching somebody out of the ditch.
What is the lifespan of a Jeep battery?
The average life that a jeep battery can last is three years or thereabout. However, several factors can influence that estimation. For example, chemical reactions can make batteries breakdown, even under the most favourable conditions, and your vehicle will probably require a new battery in the next few years.
How will I know that my car needs a new battery?
When the cranking is slugging and when you start your car engine and it takes too long time than the regular period to start. Other signs that you probably need a new battery include when you observe swelling, leaking, low fluid level and when you have been using the battery for a very long time.
How long does it take to mount a new battery?
For a beginner, it might take at least 30 to 40 minutes to change a battery. Experienced individuals may take a shorter period.
Do I need to add water on battery?
Of course, there are a number of batteries that you have to add water on them occasionally. All you need is to just add distilled water to balance the percentage of its charging process. However, you don’t need to add water if you are using a maintenance-free battery.
How do I charge my jeep battery?
Be certain that the charger is off, and then connect the positive code to the positive terminal and also the negative code to the negative terminal. Set the charger to the slowest and nearest charge rate.
What is the indication that I need to change my car battery?
There are quite a lot of indications and signs that show that you need to replace your car battery. One sign is unusual electrical issues such as flickering headlights and sluggish engine cranking. Your car battery also needs replacement if it has the rotten odour or it is bulging.Conclusion
Though shopping for best jeep battery can be a daunting task, as there are more than a few options to choose from, we are sure this guide has somewhat helped you. When you choose a performance battery like any those reviewed above, there would be seldom any possibilities of you being disappointed. A note for you is confirm with the manufacturer or user manual of your Jeep whether the battery you choose meets the requirements or not.