Removing the hardtop of your Jeep can be a rather complicated process that can even strain your back.
They are heavy and not easy to remove for just one person.
In addition, it can easily be damaged if not carefully removed and it occupies a lot of space in the garage and this could be annoying.
The solution to all these problems is to get the good jeep hardtop hoist 2019 on the market.
This is a piece of magic that will offer ease of hardtop removal by only one person and provides a convenient place for its storage in the air.
Top Hardtop Hoist For Jeep Comparison table 2019
|Hardtop Storage Harken||145lbs/66kg||3.6 pounds|
|RacorPro PHL-1R Pro||-||51.3 pounds|
|Harken Jeep Hoister||145lbs/66kg||4 pounds|
|Partsam 1320 lbs||1320 lbs||42.5 pounds|
|Harken Hoister Point||90lbs/40kg||4 pounds|
|Smittybilt 510001||-||30 pounds|
How Jeep Hardtop Hoists Work
Hardtop hoists provide you manual or electric power option or even pair with a cart for the best in safety and storage.
As strong as these hoists are, you can suspend the top until you are prepared to fix it back on the Jeep.
Or, you can lower the top on the cart and store it away safely, with the cart option.
All these are done easily by only one person. Keep reading to learn more about hardtop hoist.
Top 7 Best Jeep Hardtop Hoist Reviews 2019
Are you tired of spraining your back each time you remove the hardtop of your Jeep?
All you need is a Jeep Hardtop hoist. However, you need the best model of hardtop hoist on the market for your Jeep.
Read the comprehensive review of this Hardtop hoist and select the best for your own Jeep, depending on convenience and requirement.
Jeep Wrangler Hard Top is a small kit contains all you ever need in a Jeep toolkit.
- A green storage purse embellished with the Jeep logo
- A one-quarter inch hex driver
- A one-quarter inch hex ratchet with the Jeep logo
- T50 Bit for doors
- The instruction card
- Pouch for keeping the tools
- The ratchet – used for bolts
- Side pockets – for keeping other useful items
- T-30, a T-40 and a T-50–a 10 mm socket
Why Buy This?
- The tools and the pouch are long-lasting
- Inexpensive to buy and offer value for its worth
- It is user-friendly and a convenient and easy way to remove the roof or door of your Jeep Wrangler
- It boasts ground-breaking ratchet with perfect grip
- The side pockets make it easier to keep miscellaneous items
- Its handy nature makes it very easy to store
- It saves space
On the other hand, it matches all the available Wrangler Jeep models.
Harken Hoist Jeep Lift Installation Video
- The four-point hoist kit with installation manual
- Self-locking ball bearing block system – this feature is used to guide against unexpected release if the rope is released
- Bonus Thumbscrews – For easy removal of any hardtop with no tool required
- Jeep hardtop bolts
- Thumb screws
- Galvanized steel washer with rubber bonded backing
- 1-inch long steel stud
Why Buy This?
- Harken Hoister is a perfect hoist system and the best garage manager tool for Jeep storage
- It features great 6-foot boards that take the top off easily
- Very easy to install
- Lifts evenly with a 6:1 mechanical benefit
- Thumb screws boast long-lasting nylon head with 1-inch long steel stud
- Hoist lift doubles as a Kayak lift or canoe lift
All you need to use this rack is to just load its 4 x 4-foot steel platform as you stand on the ground safely,
when you are through with loading, crank the handle to raise the items to the ceiling.
Read Related Guide: Here is the guide of jeep exhaust system. read it if you want to buy best one.
- The heavy duty 4-by-4-foot steel platform – This is where you will load what you want to lift
- The Handle – This is the feature that you will crank to make the foot platform move
- The Winding Axle – Operates with the pulleys and strong nylon cables
- The pulleys and nylon cables
- The drill driver attachment – This is used to raise and lower the platform using your own drill
- Safety Lock – This is the feature that guarantees stability and safety
Why Buy This?
- It offers 16 square feet of extra storage space in your storage area or garage
- An efficient way to free up precious floor space in the storage area or garage
- Designed to lift heavier items of about 250 pounds
- PHL-1R is strong and sturdy
- Produced from premium materials capable of handling strong and heavy loads.
- It can last for many years with unfailing performance
- Built to lower 8 feet from the ceiling and handles storage spaces that have taller ceiling
- Comes with unique pulley system for easy raising and lowering heavy item with ease and less effort
- No need to worry about load falling because it stays locked in place with the safety lock
- It creates tidier and more useful floor space
The original design raises and lowers loads uniformly, irrespective of the weight distribution. On the other hand, if the rope is released accidentally, the self-locking safety cleat grips immediately.
- Self-locking safety cleat for instant grips, particularly if the rope dropped suddenly
- Stainless steel hardware
- A double-braid rope for long life, strength, and durability
- Four-point storage system
Why Buy This?
- It can last for a very long period of time
- It comprises of all that you need for painless installation
- It raises and lowers with one control rope
- The jeep hardtop storage solution of all times
- This Jeep hardtop hoist lets you easily remove, lift and store your Jeep Wrangler soft top or hard top or soft top
- Fits all Jeep Wrangler models and truck caps as well as almost any other large object in the weight range
- Its installation is easy
- Quite affordable
- It works flawlessly without any problem
- Very easy to follow instructions
This small electric wire hoist guarantees a long-lasting and steadfast support in the course of the operation, with the aid of the braided, high carbon steel and anti-twist made cable.
You can stay on the ground and carry out your heavy lifting with a hand, using the user-friendly remote control.
Partsam 1320 lbs Lift Electric Hoist is good for lifting transmissions, building supplies, big shop tools, and small engines.
Moreover, the electric hoist is used for lifting normal or irregular shape materials, such as trees, stones, truck top cover, engine, mower, barn, loft, and attic from anyplace and at any particular time of the day you like.
- Long-lasting braided anti-twist high carbon steel line cable
- Versatile and fitting remote control
- Free lift slings
- Incorporated safety braking mechanism
- Sturdy weighted lift hook
- Mounting hanging clamp brackets
- Sheaved pulley lift hook, meant for double line operation
- Zinc-plated Steel Wire
- The Red Button indicates emergency stop switch
Why Buy This?
- It is a high quality hoist
- Effective for easy lifting of small engines, large shop tools, transmissions, and building supplies among others
- It is user-friendly
- A fully automatic hoist that needs no hand cranking
- It is ideal for multipurpose use
- It works great and it is affordable
You also have the power to just remove the hardtop of your Jeep with durable pulleys and ropes that hang from the garage ceiling, with this well-made 4-point Lift System.
- Organizer Plates
- Welded Screw Eye
- Webbing straps with buckles
- Hoisting rope
- Pigtail Lag Screws
- Block and Tackle with Safety Cleat and Rope
- Organizer Pulleys
- Long black drop ropes
- Short Black Drop Ropes
Why Buy This?
- This particular hoist is very easy to use. It lifts with minimal effort
- Safe and sturdy hardware
- An inexpensive lift
- It comes with straightforward and very easy to follow instructions
- It was produced from exceptional quality materials
- Installs easily as it has all you need to make its installation fast
- Perfect for those who have limited space
- Very simple for only a person to operate due to its easy one person operation feature
- When not in use for Hardtop, it can also be used for the storage of other items because of its multi-faceted storage capacity
It incorporates storage for freedom top panels and features several fastening points that protect the accessories.
- Glide wheels for moving the hoist top around
- Back window bracket to prevent the window from distortion
- The backbone frame, hardware and best winch for jeep
- Integrated limit stops and internal brake ensures safety
- The coated J-hooks and rubber stops cushioned support rollers avoid scratches
Why Buy This?
- It is a very powerful tool capable of lifting about a half ton
- Its 200 amp 1/3 horsepower AC motor makes it a very powerful hoist
- It is an easy way to lift hardtop
- It can also be used for the storage of other items if it is differently set up
- Putting it together is no-brainer
Things to Consider While Buying a Hardtop Hoist for Jeep
If you are actually looking for the high-quality Jeep Hardtop hoist, you need to consider certain things, to make sure you are up for a good choice.
The Jeep hardtop hoist you are buying must be compatible with the exact model of your Jeep Wrangler. You must be aware of the fact that there are minor differences in the design and size of hardtops.
As a result, you must make sure the one you choose will match your Jeep Wrangler well, and will not spoil the top. It is very important for you to look at the product specifications to see the years and models of Jeep Wrangler is the Jeep hardtop hoist is compatible with.
Related Review: Here is review of best android head unit. Read to buy the best head unit.
2. The Available Space
The space available in which you keep your Wrangler Jeep is another vital point to consider. Therefore, ensure that the hardtop hoist will accommodate and work for the available space that you keep your vehicle. You want to ensure that the lift work correctly in the space, even if you are storing the top in a garage or barn. The ceiling height is the biggest and most important factor you must consider.
Generally, a 10-foot ceiling will accommodate and work best with most of the available Jeep hardtop hoists. Nevertheless, check and check again with the product specifications to ensure that the hoist works with that height. Rope can be added at times, if your own roof is higher than the suggested roof specification, but you will be unlucky if it is too low.
3. The Installation Process
This is also worth looking at because there are different installations for different models of Jeep wrangler. While some hardtop hoists can be installed within a twinkle of an eye, others may take several hours to set up. It is what you must consider, even though it may still worth it and saves time in the long run.
4. How the Lift is Powered
The way the lift is powered is another thing you must consider before buying Jeep hardtop hoist. The lifts are only powered by using any of the two techniques. They can either be powered by making use of an electric winch or by hand. The hand powered hoists will need more effort, even though they cost less.
The electric powered hardtop hoists are the best as they save time and require less effort. Although they are a bit expensive, but they are really worth the money.
Jeep Hardtop Hoist Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we have answered some of the most frequently brought up questions in this dimension.
How do I remove the hard top of Jeep wrangler?
Here is a question we frequently confront. Removing the hard top hoist may look hard a task. Follow along through these steps to understand the process in a simplified manner.
What you need in the process of removing the hard top of the Jeep Wrangler:
* A T-40 Torx Head driver
* Another person to help in the installation process (yes, you would need another person to help).
1. Loosen the back fastener knob overhead sited on the speaker bar assembly from the driver’s side, and put it in a safe place or in the center console.
2. Roll all the three L-shaped locks overhead to open position and then unclip the sun visor and shift it to the side. Lift the header latch on top of the windshield frame up in order to free the Freedom Panel from the roof. Thrust it up to get it removed from the Wrangler. Keep it in a safe place.
3. Loosen the Back Fastener Knob, from the passenger’s side, roll the sole L-shape lock to open. Remove the clip on the sun visor and shift it to one side. Lift the Header Latch up over the windshield frame and liberally take out the Freedom Panel.
4. Remove the six Torx Head screws holding down the hard top in the trunk space of the Wrangler with your T-40 Torx Head driver. Remove the three on each side and keep them in a safe place.
5. Look for the wiring harness within the back left corner of the hard top. Detach the back windshield washer hose by drawing it far from the top. Detach the wiring harness by sliding the red tab to the right and press the sides of the clip. Push to disconnect the harness totally.
6. Lock the swing gate and get help to lift and take out the hard top from the Jeep Wrangler.
How can I install Smittybilt Hard Top Hoist on Jeep Wrangler?
Wondering about how to install the Smittybilt Hard Top Hoist to the jeep wrangler? Well, here is the step by step process you need to follow, so as to carry on the installation smoothly. If you need further details, you can have all of them in the user guide for installation that you will receive with the product.
1. To begin with, Unpack and lay all the components out.
2. Connect all the telescoping parts together and get them secured with the pull pin. Confirm that the welded nut on the T-section is facing the ground. Mount all the foam cores, bearing in mind that you can adjust their final position once you begin to hook up the top.
3. Freely mount the J-hooks. Thread the wing nut on top of the J-hook until 3 threads are showing past the nut.
4. Mount the main eyebolt with the T-section towards the floor. The eye bolt will drop thru the T-section and thread inside the welded nut.
5. Install the back hanger by opening the rear glass a little, and fit the hook between the hardtop and glass. Open the back window a little.
6. Utilize your freedom top panels as a pattern and place foam cores to support the panels. Use the bungee cord to grip the panels to the hoist in the course of storage, so that they can hook both the eyebolt and J-hooks.
Suggested to Read: read the guide of Rough Country lift kit review.
How do I attach the hoist to Jeep Top?
Some may find attaching the hoist a tricky thing or confusing. It is actually a simply thing though, just involving a few steps. Here are the steps one needs to follow, so smoothly attach the hoist to the jeep top.
1. Open the doors and take out all hard top hardware protecting the Jeep top. Make sure you cut off any wiring or washer fluid lines.
2. Place the J-hooks below the edge at the frontage of the top.
3. Use L-hook for TJ and use for JK, open the back window and hook the back hanger between the back glass and hardtop. Make all the wing nuts tighter but don’t allow it to be too much
4. Gradually lift the top and use one hand to balance top until it clears the body.
What safety precautions do I need for Jeep Hardtop hoist installation?
We often come across this question from our readers. Given the challenge involved in the installation of a Jeep hardtop hoist, it is important any way, to be concerned about your own safety throughout the process, before anything. Here are some factors you might want to specifically note so as to carry out the process of hardtop hoist installation as safely and cleanly as possible.
- Always ensure that all wires, fasteners, and fluid lines are disengaged before you remove hardtop. If the rubber seals stick together, break them loose before you lift.
- be very careful when you are lifting top. Focus on rear glass, gradually open glass, and let it rest on foam cores tenderly to avoid break to glass.
- Keep all body parts off the underside of the hardtop, whenever you are lifting.
- Before each use, make it a practice to check the hoist hardware and winch. If the cable is destroyed, don’t use winch. Align Jeep carefully before lifting top at all times to prevent top from shifting and hitting jeep. Marking the garage floor with tape is helpful to help with vehicle alignment.
- Be cautious whenever you are lifting the top. Make sure you don’t over lift. On the other hand, ensure that you always stop winch before hook/pulley gets to the winch. When hook or pulley gets to the winch, it can cause damage to top, wall or ceiling.
- Avoid using the winch to lift live animals or human beings.
- Be conscious of all obstructions and surrounding objects before lifting.
- When the top is in raise position, never stand under it. Keep pets, kids, and other people far from the underside of the top
- Don’t use the lift to carry more than the required load capacity. Be conscious of dynamic loading as loads may form shock loads which can go beyond the load capacity.
- Don’t run hoist with a kinked, warped, or bad wire rope. Examine your rope prior to each use.
- Don’t work with an inappropriately spooled wire rope.
- Those who have pacemakers or other medical implants should seek advice from their doctor before using Jeep hardtop hoist. Operating electrical equipment near a medical implant may lead to hindrance or failure of implant.
- Make sure you plug your winch inside a suitably grounded 3-wire socket having the proper amperage capacity.
- Avoid using hoist outdoors or in wet surroundings.
To be realistic, removing the top from a Jeep can be a bit of a frustrating and painful thing, as they are bulky and not possible for just one person to remove them. Above all, there can be chances that one can damage easily and also annoying to dedicate a large space in your garage to store the hardtop when it is off of the car.
A hoist designed especially for Jeep hardtops is the answer to all the problems highlighted above. They make it extraordinarily simple for only one person to take out the top, and even offer a suitable place in the air to store it.
However, there are different products on the market, making it difficult to identify the hardtop hoist that will suit your need best. On the other hand, if you want to get the best out of your hardtop hoist, there are some things you must consider before buying. You must make sure it is compatible with your Jeep model.
You must also consider the installation process, how it is powered, and the space available for installation. Having all these points in mind will make choosing the best hardtop hoist 2019 easy.
When it comes to hardtop hoists, there are some frequently asked questions that will get you started on a good note.
The questions include:
- What safety precautions do I need for Jeep Hardtop hoist installation?
- How do I attach hoist to Jeep Top?
- How can I install Smittybilt Hard Top Hoist on Jeep Wrangler?
- How do I remove the hard top of Jeep Wrangler?
You will be more familiar with different hardtop models once you can answer these questions very well.
Finally, the top 7 hardtop hoist review above will make you know more about hardtop hoists and even make you decide on the best one for your Jeep Wrangler.